About the Market
In 2003, the market opened with the Emmaus Main Street Program serving as administrator, treasurer and on-site manager. Two years later, the Emmaus Farmers' Market Board of Directors was formed and bylaws written and adopted. With much pride in the market's success, the EMSP turned the market over to the newly developed group and the Emmaus Farmers' Market has grown to what we know today.
The market is now in its thirteenth season with 28 producers, offering a wide variety of seasonal local produce (fruits and vegetables) as well as meats including bison and chicken, goats' milk cheeses, pastries, pies, breads, flowers, and bedding plants.
Farmers' Market Nutrition Program checks are accepted by registered vendors.
Enjoy a day at the Market
The Emmaus Farmers' Market is more than just a place to buy local, high-quality produce; it is also a place to meet with friends, neighbors and family.
Each Sunday shoppers are treated to the sounds of live music. Weekly activities for children are great fun, and there are often cooking demonstrations and other food-related information for the grownups. Local community groups occasionally set up stands at the market, offering information about local programs and charities, educational opportunities, and fund-raising activities.
Chairs and tables scattered around the middle of the market provide space for shoppers to rest awhile. Visit with friends, enjoy a European-style lunch of just-purchased market items (a bit of bread, cheese, and some fruit perhaps), or put your feet up for a bit and enjoy the day's music.
The Regular market includes a full slate of vendors, while our Winter markets consist of 10 - 15 vendors depending on weather and product availability.
Market Board & Staff
Board Responsibilities and Code of Conduct
- President - Steve Shelly (Gottschell Farm)
- Vice President - Tom Teprovich (Teprovich Farm)
- Treasurer - Marguerite Viola (Switchback Pizza)
- Secretary - George DeVault (Pheasant Hill)
- Board Member - Joe or Kim Albano (Ironstone Creamery)
- Board Member - Ben or Karah Davies (Wildfox Farm)
- Board Member - Dan Torrison (Rabbits' Run Farm)
- Board Member - Nate Thomas (Breakaway Farm)
- Board Member - Eric Saxman (Saxman Breads)
- Board Member - Beth or Dave Rice (BaD Farm)
- Board Member - Karri Schreppel (Sugar So Sweet Cupcakes)
- Board Member - Mike Ahlert (Red Earth Farm)
- Board Member - Chuck Armitage (Lettuce Alone)
- Board Member - Heidi Mellon (Lemon Tree Lane Kitchen)
- Board Member - Carol Hausman (Hausman's Furit Farm)
- Board Member - Rodney Wieder (Backyard Bison)
- Board Member - Lisa Kerschner (North Star Orchard)
- Board Member - Michael Corrigan (Flour Shop)
- Market Manager - Elizabeth Judge Wyant
- * All vendors may send a person from their staff to represent them.
- Board Community Member - Ron Glassic (National Penn Bank)
- * Non voting position.
Market HostNational Penn Bank's Emmaus office, located at 235 Main Street, is proud to host the Emmaus Farmers' Market every year. To learn more about National Penn Bank, visit http://www.natpennbank.com/ or call 800.996.2062 to speak with a National Penn representative.
Emmaus Main Street Partners
The Emmaus Market is glad to be a program of the Emmaus Main Street Partners. Their organization has been instrumental in the ongoing success of the market and its connection to the local community and commerce. For more information, check out http://www.emmausmainstreet.com/.